The Dawleys

Monday, January 4, 2010

Our New Blog

I have decided to create a family blog so that when Ella arrives, our family that lives far away can stay up-to-date on what's going on with us. I know I enjoy reading my sister's blog and seeing pictures of her sweet little girls so I would like to do the same thing. A warning though, until Ella arrives, this blog could be pretty boring. :)
Is anyone else finding it hard to believe that it's 2010? I am just trying to grasp that it is a new year and a new decade and our lives will be forever changed in about 3 months! It is hard to believe! This past decade seems to have flown by. It is crazy to think of how much my life has changed since 2000. High school, college, getting married, relocating to Nebraska, and a lot of growing up! I can't wait to see what this next decade brings. I just hope it doesn't fly by as fast!
Things have been pretty lazy around our house with the holidays, 2 recent blizzards, and the below freezing temperatures (the temperature this morning was -25!!). It's hard to want to leave the house when the temperatures are that cold so we've been spending lots of lazy time at home! This past weekend was spent watching almost an entire season of the TV show Fringe on DVD (a show I think Chris would love because it reminds me a lot of the X-Files). We also spent a lot of time in the kitchen. Dave made shrimp, chicken, and crab gumbo for himself and I made a creamy chickpea pasta sauce served over spaghetti. I also made hummus, hot artichoke dip, lemon blueberry cake, and kale chips over the long weekend!
Now we are just trying to get back in the swing of things at work. This will be the first full week Dave and I have worked since the first week of December due to the holidays and bad weather...and 5-8 more inches of snow is expected on Wednesday. This is supposedly the worst winter in Omaha since 1912! I hope all of you are staying a little bit warmer. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment