The Dawleys

Saturday, March 13, 2010

9 Months

Nine months! Hard to believe she will be here in about 4 weeks. I have been feeling really good lately with the exception of not sleeping well. No matter what I do, I just can't get comfortable. The good news is that I think I'm getting used to being tired all the time. :)
The nesting instinct is also kicking in majorly. I am wanting everything to be spotless and put away because what if today were the day? No way am I coming home to a messy house! I also have this sudden need to stock up on things. Dave and I always buy enough groceries for each week, but for some reason I have this intense need to buy multiples of everything - just in case we need it.





We have had a very quiet weekend this week! I was off Friday because I didn't have any work and I have to use up all vacation/sick time before my company will pay me for maternity leave. I met a friend for breakfast and spent the rest of the day running errands, cleaning, cooking (vegan beef stew and blueberry cake), and catching up on quality TV: The Real Housewives of Orange County. We watched "Precious" this weekend. Dave fell asleep towards the end! It wasn't as good as I expected, but Monique definitely deserved the Oscar she won for her role. Dave has been playing his video games A LOT this weekend. I guess he needs to get it out of his system before Ella arrives. While he's been doing that, I've been doing a lot of cleaning (surprise), finishing the wreaths for Ella's room, and reading. I finished the book "Eating Animals" by Jonathan Safran Foer. Definitely a book that I wish everyone had to read.
Hope everyone has a great week! I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday and a surprise shower at work on Friday...yes someone felt the need to warn me about it so I guess I need to practice looking surprised this week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment