The Dawleys

Monday, May 3, 2010

Our lives will never be the same...

Ella Bernice made her grand entrance into the world on April 8 at 6:12 pm. She weighed 7 lbs 2 oz and was 20.75 inches long. She is absolutely amazing. I had dreamed of meeting this little girl for so long. What would she be like? What would she look like? How would I feel when I finally see her and hold her in my arms? I used to get teary just thinking it. When that moment finally arrived, it was everything I imagined and more. I couldn't believe how perfect she was and how I was just meeting her for the first time and yet I felt like I'd known her forever. She's only been here for 3 weeks and 4 days, and yet Dave and I cannot imagine life without her.



She is such a sweet little girl. Very content. We love to cuddle with her. I could stare at her for hours and sometimes I think I do. I am so in love.
It is such an awesome feeling to be a parent. It amazes me and overwhelms me to think of the life she has before her. Not only do I have such high hopes and expectations for myself as a mother, but I have so many hopes for her. I want her to be a compassionate person. I want her to be independent and do what she feels is right even if it's not what everyone else is doing. I want her to take chances. I want her to love deeply. I want her to know that it's okay to feel sad, lonely. frustrated, hurt, angry, etc. That it's just as important to feel those emotions as it is to feel happiness. To know that even when things seem hopeless, this too shall pass and to keep her head up and not give up. I want her to know that she can always count on her mom and dad to be there for her and to love her. I want her to know that even when she feels alone, she never truly is. I want her to love herself and I want her to love God. I want her to help others. I want her to follow her dreams no matter how "silly" they might seem. I want her to be happy. I want her to truly live life and not just watch it pass her by.
I am so thankful to have such a beautiful, sweet, and healthy baby girl. I am so thankful to have an amazing husband who is now an amazing dad. I am thankful that Ella has a wonderful family that loves her so much - grandparents, an aunt and uncle, and two sweet little cousins that I can't wait for her to play with,
My heart is so full. Every struggle and heartache that Dave and I went through to become parents was all worth it for this awesome little person.

1 comments:

Laurie said...

Tears, tears, tears. All I'm doing now is wiping away tears. You know I couldn't be more happy for you and Dave, Carrie. I love you both and I reallllly love Ella even though I haven't gotten to meet her yet. Next week!! Eeeeeeeeee!! Beautiful post sis!!

Post a Comment